[Elite] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Elite] Clan

Elite Community (Battlefield 2142)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are back to playing BF2142 join me and J0hnMcCl4ne if you want to have some clan fun... - Aussiemongoose

Define ramming...

Go down 
+2
Killer297
Eni9ma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eni9ma

Eni9ma

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptySun 01 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Most of us will think of ramming as crashing a transport into a walker or gunship.
Which is just lame cause it only proves you're unable to kill it otherwise and there's no real battle or fight involved. (you deliberately choose a transport, not tank or walker to kill it)
But what about ramming with an APC during a long battle against a tank, walker or APC?
Just to speed things up or finish the job.

I hate transport ramming cause there is no fight involved, the walker cant ram you back and its mostly a suicide mission.
Ground vehicle ramming is more like a destruction derby.
Everyone has equal chances which can actually make it fun...

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Killer297

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptySun 01 May 2011, 3:34 pm

I think ramming with airtransport on a walker s sometimes necessary, i take a exemple, when you have a noob team and 2 walker in front of you you can't nothing do...
But ramming with gunship i hate it...
Back to top Go down
Aussiemongoose
Admin
Admin
Aussiemongoose

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptySun 01 May 2011, 6:22 pm

I think ramming is ok, if its like ground units vs each other, like driving a jeep into a walker and then trying to destroy it on foot. But you have already mentioned, what ramming we mean. We mean like gunship-gunship, transporter- any vehicule. I think transporter- gunship is hard to decide. the gunship can get out of the way, but I still think its a ram.
If no ramming was allowed a roadkill would technically also be a ram, jeep ramming a soldier lol. Definiton is to use your brains, and if you dont have much brains, read this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hussary-Skuter

Hussary-Skuter

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 12:10 am

Tackle whit apc is coooool!
Back to top Go down
J0hnMcCl4ne

J0hnMcCl4ne

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 1:23 am

Hussary-Skuter wrote:
Tackle whit apc is coooool!
i like it too, tackle gunship with my apc after caught it with emp Very Happy
and sometime i do that with car i confess
Back to top Go down
Hussary-Skuter

Hussary-Skuter

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 2:50 pm

I like to cruszl lots of vechicules whit apc, sinc thats most lethal wepon of apc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_lit79ZBo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
lollersauce

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... EmptySat 04 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

Transport ramming, when done properly, is very, very safe for the rammer.

The key to effective transport ramming is to catch the enemy vehicle in a position granting him limited maneuverability - for example the offices near silo 5, the bridges going out from the central silo, any place where there's no place to run.

The second important thing is to catch the pilot by surprise, preferably by attacking from behind.

The third is choosing the right altidude. Low altitude means slow descent, meaning easier aiming, as the vehicle will "sweep" a larger area. High altitude means an easier and sneakier approach, but requires better aiming, as the transport will drop on a limited area.

For the record I never initiate transport ramming, but when any hostile player breaks this convention then my assumption is that it no longer applies to this game.

After all, common courtesy of war is - "We both have NBC weapons, but you don't use yours and I won't use mine."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Define ramming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Define ramming...   Define ramming... Empty

Back to top Go down

Define ramming...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Elite] Clan :: Elite Community :: Rules-
Jump to: